There’s no question that the arrival of COVID-19 has disrupted people’s lives everywhere around the world.
The high level of transmissibility of the newer strains of the virus, especially the omicron variant, has made it all the more crucial to practise general COVID safety guidelines, namely the following:
- Getting vaccinated as soon as possible
- Maintaining a safe distance of a minimum of one metre from other people
- Ensuring proper ventilation or opening windows when possible
- Wearing a medical-grade mask (or one with several layers) proven to provide adequate protection against the virus
- Practising consistent, proper hand hygiene
- Using the crook of the elbow or some other covering when coughing or sneezing
- Staying home and getting tested when you have symptoms
Furthermore, the World Health Organization (WHO) continues to emphasise the need to avoid the so-called 3Cs: crowded places, close-contact settings, and confined and enclosed spaces.
The level of importance attached to the 3Cs indicates how the three factors contribute to virus transmission and the apparent difficulty of implementing physical distancing as a guideline.
In this post, we’ll talk about the role of floor stickers for pandemic preparedness, particularly in relation to implementing the 3CS effectively.
Common Roles of Floor Stickers
Long before the COVID-19 pandemic, floor stickers — including regular and 3D floor stickers — have already been in use in a lot of places. Floor stickers are used to provide directions, reminders, and warnings, advertise special promotions, and increase traction in slippery areas.
Aside from their availability in various durable materials, floor stickers can be tailor-made to the specific business or establishment using them.
The use of high-quality and effective graphics combined with hard-wearing materials give floor stickers the ability to withstand the heavy traffic they are usually subjected to.
Here, we dive deeper into the most common uses of floor stickers:
- Giving floor directions: You’ll find floor stickers in shopping centres, schools, bars or nightclubs directing people so they can find their way around such establishments easily. Floor stickers may be used to help customers navigate one-way systems and find their way toward fire exits and other specific areas.
- Advertising sales and promotions: Stores, shops, malls and even cafes and restaurants use floor stickers to promote ongoing sales and other types of special events.
- Indicating restricted zones or areas: In certain settings like healthcare, industrial and leisure facilities, you may find floor stickers telling people that certain sections are off-limits to the public.
- Warning about the hazards in an operating or manufacturing facility: In warehouses and factories, it’s pretty common to find certain machinery and heavy equipment being used for day-to-day operations. This is why such establishments use floor stickers to remind everyone in the area about the possible hazards in specific sections.
However, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, floor stickers have gained a new significance in the field of medicine and healthcare, and this is discussed below in greater detail.
COVID-19 Floor Stickers
During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, the WHO, with the cooperation of countries around the world, was quick to provide directives on social distancing measures.
One way to prevent people from going out unnecessarily and crowding were by imposing lockdowns or community quarantines. This, of course, was unsustainable as eventually, governments would have had to relax restrictions to keep the economy moving and when COVID cases are already on the decline.
Thus, people were told to maintain social distancing by keeping themselves apart by a minimum of one metre when outside in public and other premises where people tend to gather. Of course, this is easier said than done as staying apart and following the recommended social distancing guidelines become more difficult when people converge in one place.
Thus, the government and private sector have had to find other ways to ensure people abide by the physical distancing requirements. COVID floor stickers or so-called social distancing floor stickers are one solution that continues to be used in various establishments across the country and around the world.
With COVID floor stickers in Australia, shops, offices, hospitals, malls, train stations and other places are able to remind the public to remain socially distant and stay at least a metre apart where they can.
Some places where crowding is very common — like cafes, bakeries, restaurants, hotels and train stations — even use 3D floor stickers to attract people’s attention and remind them to maintain proper physical distancing.
As more countries begin to relax their pandemic policies, the role of COVID-19 floor stickers remains crucial. People tend to forget COVID safety guidelines, especially when everything appears to be back to normal. But with the COVID-19 virus still undergoing mutation, countries cannot afford to let their guard down.
This is why shops and businesses, as well as government and private institutions, will continue to use social distancing floor stickers in places where people are expected to queue or congregate. This way, the spread of COVID could be prevented or, at the very least, minimised.
Floor Stickers in Australia
For the past ____ years, we have been providing floor stickers in Australia designed for use in both public and private spaces.
We create high-quality graphics and use only the toughest materials available to communicate important messages effectively to the public.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re proud to say we’ve contributed to the implementation of COVID safety guidelines by producing long-wearing social distancing floor stickers that can be used in various establishments.
Even as COVID restrictions are relaxed, we continue to provide businesses and the government the floor stickers they need. This way, we can help people maintain proper social distancing and reduce the spread of the virus and other pathogens in the environment.
If you need floor stickers for your shop, office, warehouse, factory, building or any kind of site, please reach out to us. We’ll happy to assist with your floor sticker requirements.
NOTE TO THE CLIENT: Hi! I don’t know which website to link to as none was provided in the brief. I asked about this but did not receive a response. Also, the word count is below 1000 as there isn’t a lot of material to work on. Thanks!